Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Word of the Year 2013

I will outdo most of the internet and pick two words of the year: "Go" and "Be."


Explanations:

Last year was a bit of a mess, for me. I fought a lot of new battles and feel like I have finally come out on top (more or less). So, instead of the chaos I struggled to keep up last year, this year will be better. I'm still stuck in those habits, though. It's tough to get up and do something, even if I have a specific task in mind, because having a baby to take care of during/get ready for things can be paralyzing for me. Now, when I have an idea  that I would like to make happen, I'm just going to go. Yes, it's a pain to sock and shoe that kid, but I don't even have to always do that. I just need to go and do whatever it is.

But sometimes, I'm all out. And I need to not feel guilty about that. That's when I need to just be. Be still, be calm, be grateful, be happy, and not be frantically trying to clean or cook a multi-course meal. Spaghetti is an acceptable meal with no side dishes, especially if it's sauce that I've already frozen with zucchini in it.

These are my words of the year, and I have been very happy with them so far. I may drop the "Be" thing, because I'm enough of an underachiever that it may not be a terrible hardship to let things slide, but the jury is still out on that one. As it is, "Be" is a shadow word right now.

I encourage you to pick a word for yourself, this year. Think about what you need, what you can do about it, and what will inspire you when you're faced with your hard situations. Do you need to breathe when you're angry or stressed? Would you like to enjoy this fabulous season of your life? Want to see, really see the blessings you've been given and the good people you know? It'll make all the difference, if you put your thought in it.


The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...