Sunday, February 10, 2013

Project 365: Who Knows What Day?

I went to a party last week which was off the hook with coolness. Since it was a pajama and snack party, most of the women were sans makeup, so I used that as my excuse not to photograph anyone. That, and it was hosted by a woman who happens to be a professional photographer, and I was too embarrassed by my meager skills to take a picture with her knowledge. So I snuck these pictures of a particularly pretty dessert assortment one of the other attendees brought.


Everyone "ooh-ed" and "ahh-ed" at them, but the guest insisted they were only cool because of the fancy shot glasses. Truth be told, they were stupid easy to make. The first (and the star of the first shot) is a brownie-based treat, for which she bought a few brownies from the bakery and crumbled them into the glass with alternating layers of whipped cream and caramel sauce. Not pictured (because this was a surreptitious shooting) is a shorter, more traditional shot, filled with vanilla pudding and coconut shavings, then topped with graham cracker crumbs. My favorite is the beautiful strawberry confection: one slice of store-bought cheesecake crumbled along with diced strawberries and topped with whipped cream.

She picked a good bakery, because I am pretty picky about my brownies and cheesecake. I usually tell people that I don't really like brownies because they're so hard to do right. These were done right. Oh, were these don


e right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...